Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
The Flag
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jul 18, 2018 06:00:03   #
Snap Shot (a regular here)
 
This flag is hung for all veterans to sign in the lobby at the eye clinic I go to. It's a large flag, 12 feet x 10 feet.
Click on Download to see the many signatures!
Comment Welcomed!


(Download)

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:14:12   #
Irvingite Charles (a regular here)
 

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:28:22   #
rlaugh (a regular here)
 
Excellent!

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:31:36   #
dustywing
 
At first I didn't know flag desecration or not? Then I thought if other can walk on, burn it and the NFL can be a bunch of babies. What better and who better than VETERANS to say HELL YES that's my flag and country. That's a lot of veteran that have went to that clinic. And God Bless the clinic for there support and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:32:19   #
angler (a regular here)
 
Good one Bill.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:50:20   #
fourg1b2006 (a regular here)
 
Wow...that's a lot of signatures.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:59:03   #
Stephan G (a regular here)
 
dustywing wrote:
At first I didn't know flag desecration or not? Then I thought if other can walk on, burn it and the NFL can be a bunch of babies. What better and who better than VETERANS to say HELL YES that's my flag and country. That's a lot of veteran that have went to that clinic. And God Bless the clinic for there support and GOD BLESS AMERICA.


"Veteran" is not a permission slip. Nor is it a deed. By the virtue of your being a human being you do have the right not to be subservient to any liege, be it symbol or another person. There are many who proclaim patriotism loudly. But the real patriot does not expect any return for his/her service. Glad you served. Sad that you have not learned. I, too, am a veteran.

The photo is not of a flag, but rather of a depiction of the America flag. The photo is well done.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 06:59:57   #
wormtownspawn
 
No one has the authority to sign the United States flag.. Writing on the American flag is clearly a desecration of the flag no matter how well intended. For all intents and purposes any flag given as a gift has already been signed--by the hundreds of thousands of soldiers and citizens who have given their lives and their very futures for it, beginning with the American revolution and continuing to this very day in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world.

we can't adjust our values , just because they make us feel good. doing the right thing is often more difficult than closing our eyes.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:05:14   #
traderjohn (a regular here)
 
dustywing wrote:
At first I didn't know flag desecration or not? Then I thought if other can walk on, burn it and the NFL can be a bunch of babies. What better and who better than VETERANS to say HELL YES that's my flag and country. That's a lot of veteran that have went to that clinic. And God Bless the clinic for there support and GOD BLESS AMERICA.


Great points.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:09:16   #
photophile (a regular here)
 
Snap Shot wrote:
This flag is hung for all veterans to sign in the lobby at the eye clinic I go to. It's a large flag, 12 feet x 10 feet.
Click on Download to see the many signatures!
Comment Welcomed!



| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:11:13   #
photophile (a regular here)
 
dustywing wrote:
At first I didn't know flag desecration or not? Then I thought if other can walk on, burn it and the NFL can be a bunch of babies. What better and who better than VETERANS to say HELL YES that's my flag and country. That's a lot of veteran that have went to that clinic. And God Bless the clinic for there support and GOD BLESS AMERICA.



| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:12:04   #
traderjohn (a regular here)
 
wormtownspawn wrote:
No one has the authority to sign the United States flag.. Writing on the American flag is clearly a desecration of the flag no matter how well intended. For all intents and purposes any flag given as a gift has already been signed--by the hundreds of thousands of soldiers and citizens who have given their lives and their very futures for it, beginning with the American revolution and continuing to this very day in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world.

we can't adjust our values , just because they make us feel good. doing the right thing is often more difficult than closing our eyes.
No one has the authority to sign the United States... (show quote)

"doing the right thing is often more difficult than closing our eyes." I'm guessing you are referring to "taking a knee" If that is considered a grand gesture what is it that do after taking this action? How and in what way are they involved in the remedy for their concerns? What do they do in the community to ensure success? Are there any programs they have a personal involvement in?

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:14:00   #
Stephan G (a regular here)
 
wormtownspawn wrote:
No one has the authority to sign the United States flag.. Writing on the American flag is clearly a desecration of the flag no matter how well intended. For all intents and purposes any flag given as a gift has already been signed--by the hundreds of thousands of soldiers and citizens who have given their lives and their very futures for it, beginning with the American revolution and continuing to this very day in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world.

we can't adjust our values , just because they make us feel good. doing the right thing is often more difficult than closing our eyes.
No one has the authority to sign the United States... (show quote)


You are very mistaken. When a symbol supersedes the principle it represents, the the principle is debased. No one owns the American flag regardless of signatures or sacrifice. To value less our descendants' service is not "doing the right thing". And yes, one can adjust values. You just did.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:14:42   #
wormtownspawn
 
Don't use my service--or that of any veteran--to justify the silencing of black Americans. Not on my watch. #VeteransForKaepernick

| Reply
Jul 18, 2018 07:19:04   #
| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.