Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
July 4th Aspen Parade...Something for everyone
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jul 4, 2018 22:01:15   #
fotofinish
 
I am not a parade person. But, year after year I am drawn to this home-grown event because it so represents the best of the USA. Harley Davidsons lead it off and are followed by an eclectic mix of old cars, sports cars, horse drawn wagons and children leading goats, dogs & llamas. There are Veterans walking with signs of the wars they fought in, kids riding mini-motor bikes, tykes on their home decorated bicycles, fire engines, cowboys on horseback, unicycles, and representatives from the local hospital and outreach programs. Rescue squads, theater groups, artists, musicians & local businesses...everyone participates in celebrating the privilige of living in this Country. And wherever you look, all you see is Red, White and Blue. Living here is a joy and a blessing and I hope that you, too, truly appreciate how lucky we are. Happy 4th to all my Photo Friends and Happy Birthday U.S.A.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Jul 4, 2018 22:08:31   #
Stephan G
 
fotofinish wrote:
I am not a parade person. But, year after year I am drawn to this home-grown event because it so represents the best of the USA. Harley Davidsons lead it off and are followed by an eclectic mix of old cars, sports cars, horse drawn wagons and children leading goats, dogs & llamas. There are Veterans walking with signs of the wars they fought in, kids riding mini-motor bikes, tykes on their home decorated bicycles, fire engines, cowboys on horseback, unicycles, and representatives from the local hospital and outreach programs. Rescue squads, theater groups, artists, musicians & local businesses...everyone participates in celebrating the privilige of living in this Country. And wherever you look, all you see is Red, White and Blue. Living here is a joy and a blessing and I hope that you, too, truly appreciate how lucky we are. Happy 4th to all my Photo Friends and Happy Birthday U.S.A.
I am not a parade person. But, year after year I a... (show quote)



| Reply
Jul 4, 2018 23:03:38   #
pumakat
 
Real Americana, as you said. Really nice shots!

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 03:42:38   #
BrentHarder Loc: Southern California
 
Nice documentary of the event. Question: Was the car in #2 at Burning man??

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 05:53:04   #
trackmag
 
Nice shots. Aspen, Colorado?
At home in Fort Worth for all of my 75 years and longer our Stock Show Parade in January is very special. No motorized vehicles permitted.
Wagons, stage coaches, military, high school, college, etc., marching bands, etc. Stretches for miles and last for hours. Haven't been in a few years
but need to do that again. They used to let all the schools out on that day, but now I think they do it Saturday. A great slice of Americana. The whole town (it's no longer a town) puts on they hats and boots for three weeks while the rodeo ans stock show is in town.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 07:49:10   #
fourg1b2006 Loc: Long Island New York
 
Seems to me it was a great turnout. Very nice set.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 08:34:26   #
Carolina Wings Loc: Flew from North Carolina to Pennsylvania
 
fotofinish wrote:
I am not a parade person. But, year after year I am drawn to this home-grown event because it so represents the best of the USA. Harley Davidsons lead it off and are followed by an eclectic mix of old cars, sports cars, horse drawn wagons and children leading goats, dogs & llamas. There are Veterans walking with signs of the wars they fought in, kids riding mini-motor bikes, tykes on their home decorated bicycles, fire engines, cowboys on horseback, unicycles, and representatives from the local hospital and outreach programs. Rescue squads, theater groups, artists, musicians & local businesses...everyone participates in celebrating the privilige of living in this Country. And wherever you look, all you see is Red, White and Blue. Living here is a joy and a blessing and I hope that you, too, truly appreciate how lucky we are. Happy 4th to all my Photo Friends and Happy Birthday U.S.A.
I am not a parade person. But, year after year I a... (show quote)


Very nice 4th of July parade series...nicely done

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 11:31:17   #
fotofinish
 
BrentHarder wrote:
Nice documentary of the event. Question: Was the car in #2 at Burning man??


Sorry, but I do not have the answer to your question. I can tell you that the car will be on display at the Aspen Art Museum and I will be going to get a closer look at the ingenious combination of both art & function.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 11:36:46   #
fotofinish
 
trackmag wrote:
Nice shots. Aspen, Colorado?
At home in Fort Worth for all of my 75 years and longer our Stock Show Parade in January is very special. No motorized vehicles permitted.
Wagons, stage coaches, military, high school, college, etc., marching bands, etc. Stretches for miles and last for hours. Haven't been in a few years
but need to do that again. They used to let all the schools out on that day, but now I think they do it Saturday. A great slice of Americana. The whole town (it's no longer a town) puts on they hats and boots for three weeks while the rodeo ans stock show is in town.
Nice shots. Aspen, Colorado? br At home in Fort... (show quote)


Thanks for your comments. It is nice to note that, with the fast pace of technology today, certain traditions are still celebrated and enjoyed by the younger generations. Hopefully they will be passed on for years to come.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 11:37:44   #
fotofinish
 
pumakat wrote:
Real Americana, as you said. Really nice shots!


Thank you, glad you enjoyed.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 11:38:29   #
fotofinish
 
fourg1b2006 wrote:
Seems to me it was a great turnout. Very nice set.


It was a grand day...thanks for looking in.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 11:39:03   #
fotofinish
 
Carolina Wings wrote:
Very nice 4th of July parade series...nicely done


Many thank yous.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 12:41:37   #
Smudgey Loc: Ohio, Calif, Now Arizona
 
All are good, but the guys on skates in their underwear is really funny. Nice job.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 18:55:11   #
fotofinish
 
Smudgey wrote:
All are good, but the guys on skates in their underwear is really funny. Nice job.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ


These guys are called the โ€œTighty Whitiesโ€ and they participate every year. They have the words โ€œOnly in Aspenโ€ painted on their backs and are a crowd favorite.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2018 23:53:49   #
sailorsmom Loc: Souderton, PA
 
This looks like a wonderful parade, fotofinish! It's the kind we used to have in our home town; now they have none!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.