Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Canikon mirrorless
Apr 24, 2018 16:45:28   #
FreddB Loc: PA - Delaware County
 
According to PetaPixel, both Canon & Nikon will be releasing "Pro mirrorless" cameras by the end of their current fiscal years.
When the gas attack strikes, please remember those of us with shallower pockets who will be willing to pick through your hand-me-downs. 😈😈😈😈😈

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 16:54:29   #
SharpShooter Loc: NorCal
 
You won’t be getting a hand me down from me anytime soon!!! LoL
I don’t see Canon making a ML 1Dx any time soon either!!
SS

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 17:15:28   #
CO
 
Canon is apparently testing a full frame mirrorless camera right now. Nikon has announced they will be releasing both a full frame and a cropped sensor mirrorless camera. Nikon designed the new "Z" lens mount for the new system. They have two lens patents for the mirrorless system - a 52mm f/0.95 and a 36mm f/1.2.

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 18:04:59   #
repleo Loc: Boston
 
FreddB wrote:
According to PetaPixel, both Canon & Nikon will be releasing "Pro mirrorless" cameras by the end of their current fiscal years.
When the gas attack strikes, please remember those of us with shallower pockets who will be willing to pick through your hand-me-downs. 😈😈😈😈😈


Don't hold your breath !!! Hold your wallet.

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 18:30:34   #
GoofyNewfie Loc: Kansas City
 
CO wrote:
Canon is apparently testing a full frame mirrorless camera right now. Nikon has announced they will be releasing both a full frame and a cropped sensor mirrorless camera. Nikon designed the new "Z" lens mount for the new system. They have two lens patents for the mirrorless system - a 52mm f/0.95 and a 36mm f/1.2.


Link here from January: https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/nikons-full-frame-mirrorless-new-z-mount-report/

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 19:17:32   #
Cdouthitt Loc: Traverse City, MI
 
Whatever....both canon and Nikon are at least a year or two away from releasing a truly pro mirrorless setup. They are no where near perfecting their entry level bodies let alone a semi pro/pro level body and native mount lenses.

| Reply
Apr 24, 2018 20:05:18   #
speters Loc: Grangeville/Idaho
 
FreddB wrote:
According to PetaPixel, both Canon & Nikon will be releasing "Pro mirrorless" cameras by the end of their current fiscal years.
When the gas attack strikes, please remember those of us with shallower pockets who will be willing to pick through your hand-me-downs. 😈😈😈😈😈

Thanks but no, not for me, I stick with DSLR's!

| Reply
Apr 25, 2018 06:23:36   #
foathog Loc: Greensboro, NC
 
SharpShooter wrote:
You won’t be getting a hand me down from me anytime soon!!! LoL
I don’t see Canon making a ML 1Dx any time soon either!!
SS


and if I can't use my current lenses I ain't buyin one no how

| Reply
Apr 25, 2018 06:54:48   #
rehess Loc: South Bend, IN, USA
 
foathog wrote:
and if I can't use my current lenses I ain't buyin one no how

Any lens you can use with a Canon DSLR you can also use with a Canon MILC.

| Reply
Apr 25, 2018 07:07:17   #
Cdouthitt Loc: Traverse City, MI
 
rehess wrote:
Any lens you can use with a Canon DSLR you can also use with a Canon MILC.


...with an adaptor.

Samething goes for Sony, Panasonic, and Olympus (using canon lenses on those bodies with an adaptor). Im assuming you can for Fuji too, but I’m not as familiar with them.

That said it won’t be a β€œpro” system unless they have a wide array of native mount lenses...which takes years.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.