Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
UHH forum will be down for hardware upgrades sometime within the hour for about one hour.
(Sorry for any inconvenience.)
Florida Everglades
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Apr 3, 2012 04:30:35   #
Horseart
 
Bmac wrote:
Horseart wrote:
.......... I think I've seen him here before and he's not even cute!


Unlike, of course, Erv and I. :D :D :D


Well, of course!!!

| Reply
Apr 3, 2012 06:14:07   #
Erv
 
Wow he got 7 pages and has not replied. All you nice folks gave some good advise on the Everglades. If nothing else I learned a lot about gators :thumbup: shoes that cost a lot and it's not a good idea to poke a sleeping gator. :-D
Erv

| Reply
Jul 2, 2012 09:53:05   #
mollymolly
 
I guess if he goes to the Glades, he will taking his trusty little p&s in order to get some awesome close ups of Gators!!

| Reply
Jul 2, 2012 23:51:59   #
Erv
 
Hi Molly
You must be very bored looking at old posts. :) I wonder if he made it out of the everglades? Guess we will never know for sure. :) I better get to bed too. I have to drive home tomorrow. Got sent to Kentucky for work.
Erv

| Reply
Jul 3, 2012 06:48:39   #
mollymolly
 
Erv wrote:
Hi Molly
You must be very bored looking at old posts. :) I wonder if he made it out of the everglades? Guess we will never know for sure. :) I better get to bed too. I have to drive home tomorrow. Got sent to Kentucky for work.
Erv


After his comments yesterday about his little p&s camera, I checked his profile to see if he was serious! Maybe he never did make it out of the Glades-that's why he is so silent in his own posts. If I come across a great little p&s camera with phenomenal 'snapshots' in it laying in the swamp, I guess we will have our answer. Have a safe drive home!

| Reply
Jul 3, 2012 14:41:12   #
Erv
 
Yea, he sure stirred up things for a bit. :) I just got back in town. Taking a little break be for I start to fix the A/C. Might be an all nighter if things don't go right. But I was a nice but long drive. :)
Erv

| Reply
Jul 3, 2012 18:31:30   #
mollymolly
 
Erv wrote:
Yea, he sure stirred up things for a bit. :) I just got back in town. Taking a little break be for I start to fix the A/C. Might be an all nighter if things don't go right. But I was a nice but long drive. :)
Erv


Glad you made it home safe. I'm sure that you took many photos along the way that you will be sharing.

| Reply
Jul 4, 2012 14:45:27   #
Erv
 
mollymolly wrote:
Erv wrote:
Yea, he sure stirred up things for a bit. :) I just got back in town. Taking a little break be for I start to fix the A/C. Might be an all nighter if things don't go right. But I was a nice but long drive. :)
Erv


Glad you made it home safe. I'm sure that you took many photos along the way that you will be sharing.

Sadly, no pictures going down or back. :( It was to fast a trip. I did average right around 60 mph, and the truck got 22 mpg. But I am getting to old to do that. :) I took a cat nap down there and one in a rest stop. And working till 3 was not that much fun any more. :)
Erv

| Reply
Jul 5, 2012 07:54:34   #
ngc1514
 
I see this discussion has been (briefly) resurrected.

After the pages and pages of chatter, here's a simple question for the 'Glades photographers:

Have any of you actually seen a boa or python while shooting around the southern end of Florida?

I try to shoot down there a couple times a year and have yet to see one. Has anyone?

Just curious.

| Reply
Jul 5, 2012 08:37:12   #
mollymolly
 
ngc1514 wrote:
I see this discussion has been (briefly) resurrected.

After the pages and pages of chatter, here's a simple question for the 'Glades photographers:

Have any of you actually seen a boa or python while shooting around the southern end of Florida?

I try to shoot down there a couple times a year and have yet to see one. Has anyone?

Just curious.


I have actually seen several and even killed a 9 1/2' one in my yard. There was one killed by Water Management back in October that was close to 16' with a full grown Deer in it's belly. That one was less than 3 miles of my place. I live in the heart of the Glades which is where they are most prolific. The biggest one killed to date was 25' long and one has been spotted by Water Management that they say could be 30' or more.





| Reply
Jul 7, 2012 01:57:18   #
rebride
 
My son on the edge of the panther reserve after baseball game.



| Reply
Jul 7, 2012 10:57:16   #
awana
 
You can get some good shots at circle b bar reserve between Lakeland,winter haven and Bartow. It is located on the west side of lake Hancock which feeds the peace river.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.