Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
The only way to get elected for office these days ! lol
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 11, 2013 17:24:24   #
| Reply
Nov 11, 2013 18:33:34   #
TrainNut
 
TucsonCoyote wrote:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/09/conservative-white-man-wins-election-in-heavily-black-neighborhood-by-pretending-to-be-black/

If nothing else, play the Radio audio ad for a good laugh!


I listened to the ad. No mention of anyones race only 2 people talking about the candidates.
If people do not take the time to find out who they are it is their problem.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2013 19:12:33   #
TucsonCoyote
 
TrainNut wrote:
I listened to the ad. No mention of anyones race only 2 people talking about the candidates.
If people do not take the time to find out who they are it is their problem.

I was just trying to make a point about the Electorate these days.....or should I say Electo-illiterate !

| Reply
Nov 11, 2013 20:20:01   #
TrainNut
 
TucsonCoyote wrote:
I was just trying to make a point about the Electorate these days.....or should I say Electo-illiterate !


You did a good job. They do not even know who they are voting for. :-(

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 07:59:57   #
Past Pro
 
I think there is also someone else the people didn't know anything about who also got elected--TWICE!!!

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 11:07:33   #
jcave
 
I think this is a good example of people voting based upon issues and not race. It eliminated Wilson being voted against because of his race, whereas, Obama collected a good many votes because of his race.

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 12:10:19   #
TrainNut
 
jcave wrote:
I think this is a good example of people voting based upon issues and not race. It eliminated Wilson being voted against because of his race, whereas, Obama collected a good many votes because of his race.


I think you are right.
Some people want everyone to vote.
I do not.
I think only informed people should be allowed to vote.
I do not want some voting because "he is the same race as me" or "he will give me things" or "he is cute".
These are not the right reasons to elect our leaders.

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 12:14:03   #
pounder35
 
TucsonCoyote wrote:
I was just trying to make a point about the Electorate these days.....or should I say Electo-illiterate !


All you need to do is look at Waste-ington D.C. to know that. :thumbup:

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 12:16:05   #
TrainNut
 
pounder35 wrote:
All you need to do is look at Waste-ington D.C. to know that. :thumbup:


"Waste-ington D.C."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 23:29:16   #
Lazy Old Coot
 
TrainNut, I have to wonder who you think should be appointed to decide which folks are "informed" enough to vote? ........ Coot

TrainNut wrote:
I think you are right.
Some people want everyone to vote.
I do not.
I think only informed people should be allowed to vote.
I do not want some voting because "he is the same race as me" or "he will give me things" or "he is cute".
These are not the right reasons to elect our leaders.

| Reply
Nov 12, 2013 23:36:49   #
TrainNut
 
Lazy Old Coot wrote:
TrainNut, I have to wonder who you think should be appointed to decide which folks are "informed" enough to vote? ........ Coot


That is a good question.
Do you think my idea of not letting the people that I listed vote is a good one?
We take a test to be able to drive.
It is a complicated idea but some people just should not vote.
Maybe we could use the citizenship test.

| Reply
Nov 13, 2013 00:28:04   #
Lazy Old Coot
 
No I don't agree. It goes against the very basis of a democratic system. I suspect emigrants would be the only folks eligible to vote if we used the citizenship test as you suggested. There are probably very few natural born citizens that could pass it and besides that, it wouldn't be much help determining how aware the person might be about current issues. ....... Coot

TrainNut wrote:
That is a good question.
Do you think my idea of not letting the people that I listed vote is a good one?
We take a test to be able to drive.
It is a complicated idea but some people just should not vote.
Maybe we could use the citizenship test.

| Reply
Nov 13, 2013 01:10:06   #
TrainNut
 
Lazy Old Coot wrote:
No I don't agree. It goes against the very basis of a democratic system. I suspect emigrants would be the only folks eligible to vote if we used the citizenship test as you suggested. There are probably very few natural born citizens that could pass it and besides that, it wouldn't be much help determining how aware the person might be about current issues. ....... Coot


I wrote.
"I do not want some voting because "he is the same race as me" or "he will give me things" or "he is cute"".

Do you think these are the best people to have electing our leaders?

| Reply
Nov 13, 2013 01:49:20   #
TucsonCoyote
 
TrainNut wrote:
I wrote.
"I do not want some voting because "he is the same race as me" or "he will give me things" or "he is cute"".

Do you think these are the best people to have electing our leaders?

I think with this Obamacare coming to pass the Government will be big enough to sustain and grow itself as it sees fit from now on ....we don't need to vote anymore! yey! :roll: 8-)

| Reply
Nov 13, 2013 21:51:37   #
Lazy Old Coot
 
Of course they're not the best, but in a system that relies on majority rule it was never intended to have only the best people elect our leaders. The idea was that the leaders would be elected by the majority of ALL the people.

When I was a kid I remember my dad saying that any government elected by majority, is guaranteed to be a government of mediocrity. I sometimes wonder if he might have been overly optimistic. ....... Coot

TrainNut wrote:
I

Do you think these are the best people to have electing our leaders?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.