Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Photo Gallery
Badlands National Park
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Nov 13, 2017 13:43:56   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
Cold, Windy, and Desolate


(Download)
 
Nov 13, 2017 13:48:27   #
deer2ker (a regular here)
 
And you captured that feeling perfectly!
Nov 13, 2017 13:49:16   #
angler (a regular here)
 
Excellent shot John.
Nov 13, 2017 13:49:23   #
blacks2 (a regular here)
 
Nice shot, I wouldn't like to be lost there, looks like on the moon.
Nov 13, 2017 13:51:39   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
deer2ker wrote:
And you captured that feeling perfectly!


Thanks for the nice comment.
Nov 13, 2017 13:51:54   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
Thanks, Jim.
angler wrote:
Excellent shot John.
 
Nov 13, 2017 13:53:00   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
blacks2 wrote:
Nice shot, I wouldn't like to be lost there, looks like on the moon.


Thanks, Mike. It is certainly a desolate place that gives one an uneasy feeling--it did me, at least.
Nov 13, 2017 14:10:21   #
burkphoto (a regular here)
 
jaymatt wrote:
Cold, Windy, and Desolate



Nice!

If you ever have the chance to be there in Summer around sunset, take it! The orange, direct sunlight shining at a low angle on the rough terrain creates a really trippy scene that seems like something out of a science fiction film set in an alien world.

The cool thing about the Badlands is that you can get so many different "looks and feelings," based on weather and time of day. Death Valley, CA, is like that, too.
Nov 13, 2017 14:13:04   #
SteveR (a regular here)
 
My Dad was a teacher and coach, but was involved in a baseball program all summer just before football began, so we only had one extended vacation. Why we went to the badlands I'll never know!!! Yes, your photo does capture what I remember of the geology of the badlands. Bad lands!!
Nov 13, 2017 14:29:53   #
Fred Harwood
 
jaymatt wrote:
Cold, Windy, and Desolate


I've passed through several times, in dry and wet years. The dry years cast a pall over everything. However, once, we followed a wet season, and the place was the most colorful I'd ever seen.


(Download)
Nov 13, 2017 15:54:28   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
Thanks for looking.
burkphoto wrote:
Nice!

If you ever have the chance to be there in Summer around sunset, take it! The orange, direct sunlight shining at a low angle on the rough terrain creates a really trippy scene that seems like something out of a science fiction film set in an alien world.

The cool thing about the Badlands is that you can get so many different "looks and feelings," based on weather and time of day. Death Valley, CA, is like that, too.
 
Nov 13, 2017 15:54:52   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
SteveR wrote:
My Dad was a teacher and coach, but was involved in a baseball program all summer just before football began, so we only had one extended vacation. Why we went to the badlands I'll never know!!! Yes, your photo does capture what I remember of the geology of the badlands. Bad lands!!


Thanks for looking.
Nov 13, 2017 15:55:51   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
I can imagine that it would look much different when the rocks are wet. Thanks for looking.
Nov 13, 2017 16:09:11   #
rlaugh (a regular here)
 
You really got the desolation!!
Nov 13, 2017 16:21:47   #
TroutSlayer
 
Great pics. I was there a few years back. Got very close to two big horn sheep and many pronghorns. Not the kind of place I would want to be after dark. I think it could be dangerous.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Photo Gallery
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.