Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
Have you Ever Used a Large Format View Camera?
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 next>>
Sep 12, 2017 23:38:36   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
If so, what size was it? 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20, 20x24, 30x40 ?
 
Sep 13, 2017 00:35:51   #
SharpShooter (a regular here)
 
yes
SS
Sep 13, 2017 00:41:26   #
GoofyNewfie (a regular here)
 
Yep. Omega.view and a few Sinars, one was 8x10.
Oh, and a Crown and Super Speed Graphic.
Sep 13, 2017 00:45:33   #
pixbyjnjphotos
 
ChrisT wrote:
If so, what size was it? 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20, 20x24, 30x40 ?


Yes I have. A 4x5 Speed Graphic. Big and heavy. Even with just a 4x5 negative, the quality of image at 8x10 is just amazing.
Sep 13, 2017 00:45:49   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
GoofyNewfie wrote:
Yep. Omega.view and a few Sinars, one was 8x10.
Oh, and a Crown and Super Speed Graphic.


Ah, yes - Sinar ... I wonder if they're still making 8x10s ....
Sep 13, 2017 00:48:31   #
GoofyNewfie (a regular here)
 
ChrisT wrote:
Ah, yes - Sinar ... I wonder if they're still making 8x10s ....


Makes the term "full frame" look pretty ridiculous.
 
Sep 13, 2017 00:54:48   #
altheman
 
Linhof Super Technica , Toyoview, Speedgraphic, plus various others that I can't remember the brand names all 4x5 field cameras or monorails
Sep 13, 2017 01:06:18   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
altheman wrote:
Linhof Super Technica , Toyoview, Speedgraphic, plus various others that I can't remember the brand names all 4x5 field cameras or monorails


Linhof Super Technica, huh?

That one was a beauty!
Sep 13, 2017 01:07:49   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
GoofyNewfie wrote:
Makes the term "full frame" look pretty ridiculous.


Yes, well, of course - Ansel Adams never shot with anything less than an 11x14 ....
Sep 13, 2017 01:22:52   #
BHC (a regular here)
 
SharpShooter wrote:
yes
SS

Me, too. Note that in ten minutes, the OP asked ELEVEN inane questions. I don't know whether he is going after Jerry's record (all by himself) or whether he just likes to see his name on the internet.
Sep 13, 2017 01:24:26   #
BHC (a regular here)
 
ChrisT wrote:
Yes, well, of course - Ansel Adams never shot with anything less than an 11x14 ....

Who in the hell ever told you that? It's BS!
 
Sep 13, 2017 01:28:55   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
BHC wrote:
Who in the hell ever told you that? It's BS!


I think I read it, in a book of his photographs ....
Sep 13, 2017 03:00:45   #
freddusel
 
I have used and loved a Linhof Technicardan 45 and a Kodak Master View 8 x 10. My advanced cancer has caused me to give them up and I now use a Sony aR7II. The advantages and disadvantages of the three distinctive formats inform my choice of and approaches to my subjects and how I print the final images. I print exclusively in carbon transfer now and have successfully adapted images from the afore mentioned three in addition to images initially captured with Hasselblad, Contax and Leica cameras. It's not the camera, it's the concept and the execution that produces a compelling print
Sep 13, 2017 03:09:16   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
BHC wrote:
Me, too. Note that in ten minutes, the OP asked ELEVEN inane questions. I don't know whether he is going after Jerry's record (all by himself) or whether he just likes to see his name on the internet.


You miscounted!!! ... Actually, I added an even dozen, pre-written, earlier - to the 28 I already had up - for a sum total, now of 40 ... I'm sorry you consider them inane. That was not my intention. Again, I am curious to see who does what, here, and if there any other serious photographers.

Just likes to see my name on the Internet? ... But, my name ISN'T ON the Internet. It's only here, and only half of it. There are no hidden motives for my posts, here. They are for the reasons I've just outlined.

Would that be Jerry of Ben and Jerry fame?
Sep 13, 2017 03:12:10   #
Chris T (a regular here)
 
freddusel wrote:
I have used and loved a Linhof Technicardan 45 and a Kodak Master View 8 x 10. My advanced cancer has caused me to give them up and I now use a Sony aR7II. The advantages and disadvantages of the three distinctive formats inform my choice of and approaches to my subjects and how I print the final images. I print exclusively in carbon transfer now and have successfully adapted images from the afore mentioned three in addition to images initially captured with Hasselblad, Contax and Leica cameras. It's not the camera, it's the concept and the execution that produces a compelling print
I have used and loved a Linhof Technicardan 45 and... (show quote)


Sorry about your cancer, Fred ...

Glad you are still able to shoot, and also - make compelling prints ...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 next>>
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.