Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
The more I look at it the madder I get...
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jan 10, 2017 19:55:27   #
Rongnongno (a regular here)
 
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became systematic in 2011.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???



I lost three years!!!
 
Jan 10, 2017 19:57:47   #
ptcanon3ti
 
Probably not the best way to spend your time.
Jan 10, 2017 20:15:41   #
Rongnongno (a regular here)
 
ptcanon3ti wrote:
Probably not the best way to spend your time.

It is when you are looking for photographs to sell.

I am pulling my hair. All the potential lost is just.....
Jan 10, 2017 20:21:24   #
Kuzano (a regular here)
 
Interesting. I first started shooting RAW in 2005. I discovered the wasted time in PP RAW, and stopped in 2010.

I turned to SOOC and learned all the settings in my image processor, and the advantages of knowing without hesitation the advantages of custom profiles.

Have not shot much RAW, or done that much post processing since 2010. I PP in the image processor, and using custom profiles, BEFORE the image goes to the memory card as a JPEG, or a TIFF. Both of those formats can be post processed if needed.

SOOC.. you heard it here more often than elsewhere, and with better time savings and IQ results.

I begrudge the four years wasted on RAW. Wasted time when you are selling your work. I sold more work with film.
Jan 10, 2017 21:13:01   #
ptcanon3ti
 
Rongnongno wrote:
It is when you are looking for photographs to sell.

I am pulling my hair. All the potential lost is just.....


Don't live in the past...you'll waste the time you have left.
Jan 10, 2017 21:50:06   #
RWR (a regular here)
 
Rongnongno wrote:
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became systematic in 2011.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???



I lost three years!!!
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became ... (show quote)

Gee, I thought you were talking about looking in the mirror! Thinking of my own experience, I guess!
 
Jan 10, 2017 21:55:49   #
Rongnongno (a regular here)
 
RWR wrote:
Gee, I thought you were talking about looking in the mirror! Thinking of my own experience, I guess!

Naw the mirror is kinder now.
Jan 10, 2017 22:14:42   #
speters (a regular here)
 
Kuzano wrote:
Interesting. I first started shooting RAW in 2005. I discovered the wasted time in PP RAW, and stopped in 2010.

I turned to SOOC and learned all the settings in my image processor, and the advantages of knowing without hesitation the advantages of custom profiles.

Have not shot much RAW, or done that much post processing since 2010. I PP in the image processor, and using custom profiles, BEFORE the image goes to the memory card as a JPEG, or a TIFF. Both of those formats can be post processed if needed.

SOOC.. you heard it here more often than elsewhere, and with better time savings and IQ results.

I begrudge the four years wasted on RAW. Wasted time when you are selling your work. I sold more work with film.
Interesting. I first started shooting RAW in 2005.... (show quote)

I don't see shooting in raw wastes any time!
Jan 10, 2017 22:32:53   #
RWR (a regular here)
 
Rongnongno wrote:
Naw the mirror is kinder now.

Well, you must have a better mirror than I!!
Jan 11, 2017 00:20:53   #
Nalu (a regular here)
 
I disagree. You will never convince me to shoot anything but RAW. If you F up, alternatively, you have no recourse. Never, never, never.
Jan 11, 2017 01:14:20   #
Wingpilot (a regular here)
 
RAW, JPEG, SOOC, whatever works, just do it. No point in doing something that doesn't work for you.

I don't think any time is wasted in PP after shooting in RAW if that is what one enjoys doing with their photography. Shooting in RAW allows the greatest amount of control and artistic bent possible. With JPEG, you can do some, but not much. I am just entering into the world or RAW and learning LR. Could be a lot of fun, and I'll learn something in the process. Not a waste of time for me.
 
Jan 11, 2017 05:43:44   #
Manglesphoto (a regular here)
 
Rongnongno wrote:
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became systematic in 2011.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???



I lost three years!!!
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became ... (show quote)


Nah you gained 3 yrs experience
No use crying over spilled milk, Call the cat or dog and move on.
Jan 11, 2017 07:02:14   #
BJW
 
I switched to RAW after a year of JPEG. Real easy to fix all the underexposed shots. And other imperfections. I'm sticking with RAW and big memory cards.
Jan 11, 2017 07:08:44   #
pithydoug (a regular here)
 
Rongnongno wrote:
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became systematic in 2011.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???



I lost three years!!!
My first raw shooting started in 2008. It became ... (show quote)


Going back to jpeg would be like going back to no indoor plumbing.
Jan 11, 2017 07:17:36   #
BJW
 
LOL
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.