Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main Photography Discussion
Free on1 Perfect Effects 9.5
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jun 26, 2015 15:55:46   #
jpintn (a regular here)
 
Did any of you download the on1 Perfects Effects 9.5 when it was offered free last week? They first sent out the wrong install key and then corrected that the next day. I downloaded the program and entered the install key. Everything worked fine except it is a little slow to load. The next day when I opened it I got a pop-up that said my trial had expired. It gave the option of entering a license. When I clicked that the license key was there so I click activate. Everything works great until the next day. You can open and close as many times as you want with no pop-up. But the next day the pop-up is back......and it will return with every new day. You can click activate and it will run just fine.....that day!

I have been in touch with on1 a number of times this week and they have offered several solutions, none of which have worked so far.

I should not complain too much about a free program that does work if you reactivate it every day. On1 has been most gracious in trying to fix this, and they are still trying.

I am just curious if any of you have had this problem. My son also downloaded the free program is having the same issue.
 
Jun 26, 2015 20:15:42   #
jeanbug35
 
I also installed and had the same problem. I just deleted. I figured if it didn't work I didn't need it.
Jun 26, 2015 21:07:59   #
HOT Texas (a regular here)
 
Your computer must meat or beat there requirements to make this program run properly or it will be slow. also make sure you have the latest graphic card driver installed. and set to that driver to be the default driver.
Jun 27, 2015 06:27:27   #
Gene51 (a regular here)
 
jpintn wrote:
Did any of you download the on1 Perfects Effects 9.5 when it was offered free last week? They first sent out the wrong install key and then corrected that the next day. I downloaded the program and entered the install key. Everything worked fine except it is a little slow to load. The next day when I opened it I got a pop-up that said my trial had expired. It gave the option of entering a license. When I clicked that the license key was there so I click activate. Everything works great until the next day. You can open and close as many times as you want with no pop-up. But the next day the pop-up is back......and it will return with every new day. You can click activate and it will run just fine.....that day!

I have been in touch with on1 a number of times this week and they have offered several solutions, none of which have worked so far.

I should not complain too much about a free program that does work if you reactivate it every day. On1 has been most gracious in trying to fix this, and they are still trying.

I am just curious if any of you have had this problem. My son also downloaded the free program is having the same issue.
Did any of you download the on1 Perfects Effects 9... (show quote)


I have been using On1 since V7. I would say that the free version of Perfect Effects is actually free, but they are going to try and get you to buy it.

It is the fastest way I know to get excellent results when post processing an image. I highly recommend it. It is considerably better than Topaz and Nik for many procedures, and as good on most others.
Jun 27, 2015 08:30:44   #
jpintn (a regular here)
 
jeanbug35 wrote:
I also installed and had the same problem. I just deleted. I figured if it didn't work I didn't need it.


Actually it will work just fine if you don't mind clicking "activate" each time you start it on a new day, which is really no big problem....just a little irritating!
Jun 27, 2015 08:32:33   #
jpintn (a regular here)
 
HOT Texas wrote:
Your computer must meat or beat there requirements to make this program run properly or it will be slow. also make sure you have the latest graphic card driver installed. and set to that driver to be the default driver.


I do have the latest driver for my card. PE 9.5 is only slow on startup. Once started it works just fine. I also have Perfect Effects 8 which runs great, and there is very little difference between the two programs.
 
Jun 27, 2015 08:49:01   #
bobmcculloch (a regular here)
 
Yes, I have the problem, wish I had not uninstalled the free version #8, no start up problem .
Jun 27, 2015 10:35:12   #
DebAnn (a regular here)
 
I have Perfect Photo Suite 9.5 which includes Effects. I have had no problem whatsoever. Using Windows 8.
jpintn wrote:
Did any of you download the on1 Perfects Effects 9.5 when it was offered free last week? They first sent out the wrong install key and then corrected that the next day. I downloaded the program and entered the install key. Everything worked fine except it is a little slow to load. The next day when I opened it I got a pop-up that said my trial had expired. It gave the option of entering a license. When I clicked that the license key was there so I click activate. Everything works great until the next day. You can open and close as many times as you want with no pop-up. But the next day the pop-up is back......and it will return with every new day. You can click activate and it will run just fine.....that day!

I have been in touch with on1 a number of times this week and they have offered several solutions, none of which have worked so far.

I should not complain too much about a free program that does work if you reactivate it every day. On1 has been most gracious in trying to fix this, and they are still trying.

I am just curious if any of you have had this problem. My son also downloaded the free program is having the same issue.
Did any of you download the on1 Perfects Effects 9... (show quote)
Jun 27, 2015 10:44:42   #
jpintn (a regular here)
 
DebAnn wrote:
I have Perfect Photo Suite 9.5 which includes Effects. I have had no problem whatsoever. Using Windows 8.


Completely different code than Perfect Effects. I am beginning to believe the pop-up in Perfect Effects 9.5 Free is intentional with the hope that you will pay for it after being told it was free.
Jun 27, 2015 11:32:30   #
Jim216
 
Gene51 wrote:
I have been using On1 since V7. I would say that the free version of Perfect Effects is actually free, but they are going to try and get you to buy it.

It is the fastest way I know to get excellent results when post processing an image. I highly recommend it. It is considerably better than Topaz and Nik for many procedures, and as good on most others.


:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jun 28, 2015 15:58:13   #
Bozsik (a regular here)
 
DebAnn wrote:
I have Perfect Photo Suite 9.5 which includes Effects. I have had no problem whatsoever. Using Windows 8.


:thumbup:
 
Jun 28, 2015 15:58:35   #
Bozsik (a regular here)
 
Jim216 wrote:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:


:thumbup:
 
Main Photography Discussion
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2016 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.